• Cathedral Seville Spanish
  • Cathedral Seville English
  • Cathedral Seville French

Archivo General de Indias of Seville

Archivo General de Indias

Built by the initiative of the chapter cathedral, in request to the King Felipe II, it was realized between the year 1583 to 1646, initially as Casa de la Lonja (exchange market)(XVIth century). In the works, project of Juan Herrera, took part the architects Juan de Minjares and Alonso de Vandelvira.

In 1660 the building sheltered Seville’s Fine Arts Academy, and its first president was the painter Murillo, together with Herrera del Pozo. Later it was presided by the illustrious painter Juan Valdés Leal. 

Follow us

Search in the Web

Web translator

Hotels in Seville

Destination
Check-in date
calendar
Check-out date
calendar
Directorio de  Turismo en Sevilla